14 March 2009

Speak Now... Never Hold Your Peace

March marks milestones for a new year and gently reminds us the year
is no longer new. Things bud, bloom and begin to grow, days get
longer, and let us not forget feeling the loss of a single hour for
about a week. While not an ideal time for reflection, the month of
March is a great opportunity for planning. Sounds like spring cleaning
is in order.

It's time to make room for new things and pull not-so-new things out
of storage. For years I have had the desire to provide the young a
venue to express themselves. I stumbled across an old journal (about 4
or 5 years old) and rediscovered plans I made long ago to make it
happen. In this journal were remnants of something I never let go of.
It served as confirmation. The project I have been putting so much
energy into (lately) was relevant and still very dear to me.

Speak Now is a national writing project and competition for our youth.
The official launch and details, entry guidelines and sponsorship
opportunities will be released in the coming weeks. In the meantime,
stay connected.

No comments: