02 October 2008

The Maverick Got Me Drunk...


I watched and I waited. I chatted away, I twittered, I pondered. I drank.

Every time Sarah Palin said the word 'maverick' I drank. I ran out of drinks.

Has this election been reduced to a bad cliche? 30threads.com was a pleasant suprise. A red room and a blue one. The opportunity to chat on both simultaneously. The pulse of America was evident here. Palin presented as an overprotective, underproductive leader. Joe Biden was confident and controlled, although at times obviously annoyed. Neither of them surprised me, but it was interesting.

Sarah Palin did not show up and although I do not like her, I looked for an opportunity for her to surprise me and gain my respect. She did not.

Joe Biden was confident and secure. No surprise there either. I did wait for him to lose it at least once. He did not.

A note to Sarah Palin, in the words of a popular elementary school philosopher, "Say it in your own words". She did not and appeared more puppet-like than life-like. In this election, life matters more.

No comments: